Glossary Of The PoS Calculator
On Staker.tech and beyond, you can often meet a ton of technical terms when reading a text dedicated to the coin you would like to invest in. The blockchain technologies require detailed explanation in order to become understandable, and we would like to offer you this glossary to help you with some of the terms used online. Note that the blockchain industry is still under development, especially the Proof-of-Stake field. Here on Staker.tech, we are going to try to formulate some general terms of the said field, as our users must always know what we are talking about. However, note that some new projects may theoretically reinvent the description for the same phenomena in the future. We may also add new terms as the time goes by and technologies evolve even more.
In addition to this, the Staker.tech calculator collects various data to make an adequate estimation of different indicators which increase the quality of the information you receive. That’s why we have so many displayed parameters - the more you see, the more you know and the wiser you invest.
- Staking - participation in the generation of blocks in the blockchain that uses the PoS consensus by finding the stake hash from each UTXO which gives powers to create a new block
- Stake - a matured UTXO in the wallet that has outcomes of the getstakingstatus command equal to true
- Stake amount - the stake size that can be bought for the entered amount
- Stake interval - the wait time between 2 block generations by a stake (size defined by the entered amount, maturity not included)
- Average Stake 24h - average 24-hour stake size
- Min Stake 24h - minimal stake size in the last 24 hours
- Max Stake 24h - maximal stake size in the last 24 hours
- Last Stake - last stake size
- Price - the price after the last deal on selected exchanges
- Volume - the total volume of trading on selected exchanges
- Market cap - the coin capitalization based on the current price and supply
- Block Reward - total reward for block creation
- Stake Reward - total reward for staking
- Block Time - processing time required to create a new block in the blockchain
- Last Block - last block height
- Difficulty 24h - average 24-hour network difficulty
- Profit 24h - the 24-hour revenue at the current difficulty level and stake size
- Annual Staking ROI - annual return on staking investments
- Annual Masternode ROI - annual return on masternode investments
We hope that this has clarified the terms Staker.tech regularly uses in its materials. Deepen your Proof-of-Stake knowledge and you will be able to separate perspective cryptocurrencies from unsuccessful projects!